Upcoming Events in Ashland Ohio
Harvesting the Past Spring Antique Show
- 10am to 4pm.
Address: South St. Warehouse, 101 South St Ashland, OH 44805 , Ashland, Ohio
|17 - 20||BalloonFest - Feel the excitement and splendor of bold, colorful hot air balloons as they tower over you, then magically rise and soar away! Plus, enjoy a lot of other activities: Balloon Glow, Balloon races, stage performances, sports tournaments, displays, exhibits, food and more. Fun for the whole family!|
|30 - 4||
- At CHAUTAUQUA, youth and adults witness history in its most compelling form--first person historical portrayals. Trained scholar/actors take on the roles of historical figures, appearing in costume and presenting exciting living history performances.
Every year ASHLAND CHAUTAUQUA hosts nationally recruited scholar/actors who portray characters connected to a particular theme. Previous CHAUTAUQUA themes include the Wild West, World War II, the Roaring '20s, the Great Depression, Literary Legends, Business and Industry, and Sport and Society.
Classic Car & Truck Show
- McDonald’s Restaurant Classic Car & Truck Show. Dash Plaques for first 50 entries. Trophies for the 10 Class Winners including "Best of Show" and "Peoples Choice." Raffles, 50/50 drawing, children’s events. JR the DJ playing the best of the oldies. Open to All Makes/Models. 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM. Restaurant number (419) 289-3393.
Address: 1504 Claremont Avenue, Ashland, Ohio 44805 , Ashland, Ohio
Annual Historic Ashland Home and Garden Tour
- The annual Historic Ashland Home and Garden Tour will feature numerous Nationally Registered homes and buildings as well as others with local and architectural interest. Last year's Home Medallion Award winners will have their home open as well as the owners of the G.D. Myers home on West Walnut Street. G.D. Myers was a brother to Francis E. and Philip A. Myers of the F.E. Myers and Bro. pump factory. A list of homes/buildings on the tour can be found at www.CenterStreetHistoricDistrict.org
Pre-sale tickets for $10 each are available in Ashland at Annette's Victorian Garden, Antiques on Main, Enjoy Gourmet Gifts, Ashland County Historical Society, and Suzie Homemaker Fabrics & More. In Mansfield, pre-sale tickets are available at Oak Hill Cottage and Richland Carrousel Park. Tickets are available for purchase the day of the tour for $12 at the Good Shepherd Home 622 Center Street. The Good Shepherd will open their doors at 9AM.
On the tour date pre-sale ticket holders can redeem their tickets at the Good Shepherd Home at 622 Center Street, Ashland, Ohio for a program book and wristband which will serve as their ticket. The program provides information about the homes and Ashland's history. The tours begin following the Push Em and Pull Em Parade which starts at 11a.m. Homes close at 5:00PM
Proceeds for the event go to the Center Street Historic District Association, INC. for preservation of our streetscape. The Projects Committee established a scholarship in 2009 and has purchased Victorian street signs for the historic district. The Association hopes to continue to improve the street and find ways to work with the community.
For general information visit the website or call 419-560-4020 or 419-496-2816.
Address: 622 Center Street, Ashland, Ohio , Ashland, Ohio
|2 - 4||Antique Tractor & Engine Show - Don't miss this opportunity to see how farming was done in the past with a variety of antique farm machines and engines on display. Also enjoy tree farm tours, crafts, a flea market, engine demonstrations and more.|
Annual Lincoln Highway Car Show
- Registration will be from 9am to Noon. Car owners will be charged $5 per vehicle. There will be four classes: Car, Truck, Rod and Motorcycle of all makes and models. Car Show participants will vote on their favorites and the awards ceremony will take place at 2:30pm. There will be dash plaques for the first 100 cars. Awards will include: one best of each class, one best of show, and five plaques for each class.
A DJ will provide entertainment throughout the event, plus food and more.
The annual Lincoln Highway Car Show will celebrate Ashland's history on the 1913-1928 route during the annual Ohio Lincoln Highway Historic Byway's BUY-WAY Yard Sale, this 3 day weekend across all alignments of America's first coast-to-coast road. For more information call 877-581-2345.
A Walk Through Ashland's Center Street Historic District
- Come take a walking tour through the Nationally Registered Center Street Historic District in Ashland, Ohio. We will look at the exterior features of homes that make Center Street a textbook of architectural styles.
Our free tour will start in front of Ezekiel Community Church and will last approximately 45 minutes. The historic district is approximately 1/2 mile long, so bring your walking shoes. Program booklets are available for $1. Free parking is available in the city lot between Claremont and Center Streets.
Address: Ezekiel Community Church, 209 Center Street , Ashland, Ohio
|23||All-Around Downtown - Come visit downtown Ashland and experience Ohio at its finest. The Ashland Downtown Merchants encourage you to stay after the Labor Day Parade and enjoy a fun-filled day in Downtown Ashland. There will be something for everyone: a pizza contest, Ashland Idol contest, inflatables for kids, race car displays, bluegrass music and more.|
- Crafters, vendors, and children's activities.
Admission: Donation to Johnny Appleseed Heritage Center or a nonperishable food or paper product for Ashland County Foodbank. 10am-5pm
Johnny Appleseed appearing at 4pm.
Concessions: Polk Lions Club
Address: Johnny Appleseed Heritage Center , Ashland, Ohio
|5 - 11||Ashland County Fair - Enjoy events such as OSTPA Modified Tractor Pull, Harness Racing, Ashland County Tractor Pull and Open Demolition Derby. Food, music, and fun will be had by all.|
|2||Fall Festival of the Arts - Welcome to an intimate gathering of area artists who've created quality art and craft pieces. Walk beneath the flaming red, golden yellow and burnt orange canopy of leaves and shop for jewelry, watercolors, acrylic paintings, wood turnings, hand-stitched dolls, stained glass, and many others. You shouldn't go hungry as there will be vendors selling goodies like brats, french fries, kettle corn, fudge, and flavored coffees. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ashland-Fall-Festival/290692060994746|
DAZZLE; A UNIQUE HOLIDAY SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
- In its ninth year, DAZZLE will be 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Ashland University's Convocation Center. DAZZLE is a unique holiday shopping experience sponsored by the Ashland Symphony Women's League. DAZZLE includes creations by some of Ohio's finest artisans and crafters. The gourmet DAZZLE café will also provide snacks and a light lunch. All proceeds benefit the Ashland Symphony Orchestra.
Address: GPS address 638 Jefferson Street Ashland Ohio , Ashland, Ohio