LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Atchison Co. Historical Society Museum


category : Museums
Atchison Co. Historical Society Museum This museum in the restored Santa Fe Depot traces the history of Atchison County. Exhibits highlight Atchison's transition from a bend in the Missouri River to a busy commercial center for steamboats, westward-bound wagon trains and the railroads.

Its main display features a collection of personal effects belonging to Earhart and the Otis/Chaliss families.


Admission: Donations Appreciated
Hours: Open Daily, except Major Holidays
Address: 200 S. 10th (in the Depot)
Phone: 913-367-6238
Our Email: GoWest@atchisonhistory.org
Our Website:www.atchisonhistory.org

Come visit us in Atchison, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Chapels at Mount St. Scholastica Convent

The Benedictine Sisters of Mount St. Scholastica have been in Atchison since 1863 and at their present location since 1877. St. Scholastica Chapel was dedicated in 1938, the 75th anniversary of the Benedictine Sisters'

Atchison, KS Historic Churches

Jackson Park

Jackson Park is the largest park in Atchison and the center of community fun days as well as family outtings. It is a heavily-wooded area with hiking and biking trails, play equipment, shelterhouses and picnic facilities.

Atchison, KS Parks

St. Benedict's Abbey Church

Benedictine monks established St. Benedict's Abbey in the late 1850s. Today about 40 monks reside at the abbey on the northern edge of Benedictine College. The historic complex is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The Gothic-style abbey, completed in 1929

Atchison, KS Historic Churches

Visitor Information Center

The restored Santa Fe Depot, long a community landmark, serves as a Visitor Information Center and houses the Chamber of Commerce offices.

The center provides visitors with brochures, maps, and a helpful staff who can answer questions about sightseeing in the Atchison area.

Atchison, KS Visitors Centers

Atchison County Courthouse

One of 13 Kansas courthouses designed by George P. Washburn, this ashlar limestone building was completed in 1897, and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The clock tower was raised an extra 12 feet from the original design so that it could be seen downtown.

Atchison, KS Historic Courthouses

Things to do Museums near Atchison, KS