A historic marker erected by the Kansas State Historical Society that commemorates the site where, during the years between 1855 and 1857, some 20,000 Mormons camped before moving on to their "promised land".
This Richardsonian Romanesque structure of cottonwood limestone was completed in 1894, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It features an arched entry and rounded towers on its southeast and southwest corners.
This museum in the restored Santa Fe Depot traces the history of Atchison County. Exhibits highlight Atchison's transition from a bend in the Missouri River to a busy commercial center for steamboats, westward-bound wagon trains and the railroads.