The bandstand was damaged in the May 4, 2003, tornado but the base still stands in its original location on Walnut Street. The historic bandstand was rebuilt with a red roof (its original color) a... 1922 Bandstand
The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870s, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South groups met in homes until both were able to build in 1881. In 1903
THIS BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED AFTER EXTENSIVE DAMAGE FROM THE MAY 4, 2003, TORNADO. THE FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH'S NEW BUILDING IS LOCATED ON HWY 97 JUST NORTH OF LAWRENCE COUNTY ROAD 2220 (POWERLINE ROAD).
The Friendship Baptist Church was organized in 1840
Theron Bennett, nationally known ragtime composer, lived in Pierce City until returning from college 1902 when he left to begin a career where his unseen future would become the past that we can now recall as his successful contribution to the music world.