LASR.net Homepage




Menu

1922 Bandstand


category : Historic Downtowns
1922 Bandstand

The bandstand was damaged in the May 4, 2003, tornado but the base still stands in its original location on Walnut Street. The historic bandstand was rebuilt with a red roof (its original color) and rededicated in May 2004.


You will always remember Pierce City, Missouri, by the historic bandstand that has an honored place in the center of the city's downtown. The current bandstand was erected in 1922 to replace an existing wooden structure. Upon completion, weekly band concerts were held on Saturday nights until the mid 1960s. Band members would practice on Friday at the old city hall (the 1886 Firehouse), and then play at the bandstand on Saturday night. They were each paid $1.00 for practice and $1.00 each for the concert.



Address: Walnut and Commercial

Come visit us in Pierce City, Missouri

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Military Memorials

For those interested in military machinery, the following memorials can be seen on a short day trip to the following cites around the Pierce City area.

Pierce City, MO - M4 Sherman Tank

Cassville, MO - M60A3 Main Battle Tank

Purdy, MO - A-4 Skyhawk Fighter-bomber

Pierce City, MO Memorials

First United Methodist Church

The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870s, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South groups met in homes until both were able to build in 1881. In 1903

Pierce City, MO Historic Churches

St. Patrick's Church

Catholicism in Peirce City is as old as the town itself when in 1870 the Frisco railroad laid the first tracks through here going west to Kansas. Many of the railroaders were Irish Catholics.

Pierce City, MO Historic Churches

Jolly Mill Park

ON NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES

Pierce City, MO Historic Mills

Chapman School - Jolly Mill Park

The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell," and eventually "Chapman." When it was closed in 1951

Pierce City, MO Historic Schoolhouses

Things to do Historic Downtowns near Pierce City, MO