LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Bank Of Dwight


category : Historic Buildings
The Bank of Dwight built in 1855, is the oldest business institution in the village. The Greek Classic design building was remodeled in 1974 to expand to the adjacent building. An original mural painted by Viennese artist, Oskar Gross, is displayed.


Hours: M-F: 9am-3pm & 8am-5pm S: 9am-noon & 8am-noon. Closed major holidays.
Address: 132 E. Main St.
Phone: 815-584-1855
Our Email: Bod@btc.skynet.net
Our Website:bankofdwight.com
Wheelchair Accessible Facility

Come visit us in Dwight, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation building for the Keeley Institute. The building has been on the National Registry of Historic Places,since 1980

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

First National Bank of Dwight

Famed architech Frank Lloyd Wright designed and engineered this bank in 1905

Dwight, IL Architecture

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Historical Society Museum

The depot, built in 1916, is now the home of the Dwight Historical Society. The purpose is to preserve the history and culture the pertains to the Dwight area. The museum is listed on the National Register of Historical Sites

Dwight, IL Museums

Historic Route 66

Built in the 1920's, Route 66, also known as "The Mother Road," brought many people through Dwight on their way west looking for a more prosperous life. The road has evolved over the years to today's I-55

Dwight, IL Historic Districts

Things to do Historic Buildings near Dwight, IL

Kitchell Park and Chautauqua Auditorium

40-acre Kitchell Park was donated to the City of Pana by Civil War Captain, Kitchell. Listed on the National Register of H...

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation buildin...

J.H. Hawes Elevator

Restored grain elevator listed on the National Historic Register. Free tours....

Dominy Memorial Library

A turn-of-the-century domed building has had interior restoration to preserve features of the building. It is now an up to da...

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Villag...