LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Danville


category : Historic Buildings
The VA Medical Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1896 by Danville native, Joseph G. Cannon, a member of the House of Representatives, to house Civil War veterans. The center offers care for hundreds of veterans, and includes housing for senior citizens.


Hours: Call for hours
Address: 1900 E. Main St.
Phone: 217-442-8000

Come visit us in Danville, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Fithian Home

The Fithian home is a Lincoln site listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 1855 Victorian mansion was the home of Dr. William Fithian, a friend of Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln spent 2 nights there in 1858

Danville, IL Historic Homes

Kennekuk County Park

Founded in 1974, Kennekuk County Park is 3000 acres in size and is located five miles west of Danville. It is bordered on the west by the Middle Fork National Scenic River and the Middle Fork State Wildlife Area (3000 acres). Kickapoo State Park (3000 acres)

Danville, IL Recreation Parks

WWI Victory Memorial

The WWI Victory Memorial monument to Vermilion County's World War I veterans was sculpted by Lorado Taft. Its base displays the names of 51

Danville, IL Memorials

The Illiana Genealogical & Historical Society

The Illiana Genealogical & Historical Society was incorporated in 1964, becoming the first genealogical society in Illinois. it'

Danville, IL Genealogy

Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Danville

The VA Medical Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1896

Danville, IL Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Danville, IL

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Villag...

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940. Some buildings are st...

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation buildin...

Kitchell Park and Chautauqua Auditorium

40-acre Kitchell Park was donated to the City of Pana by Civil War Captain, Kitchell. Listed on the National Register of H...

Taylorville Chautauqua Auditorium

The Taylorville Chautauqua Auditorium opened August 23, 1914, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Place...