LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Barbara's - 1892


category : Historic Buildings
Barbara's - 1892 The first owner purchased this building from the US Government in 1892. According to a local historian the owner accumulated a lot of property in and around Watonga. This property has been under the same ownership as 104 W. Main since 1951. Seven couples have owned this property from 1892 to date.

A prominent businessman purchased both of these buildings (Barbara's and Watonga Floral) in 1998 and started the renovation by removing aluminum siding and exterior paint from the brick. He then painted the transom windows and added awnings to restore the original appearance of both buildings.


Address: Barbara's, 106 W. Main

Come visit us in Watonga, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Watonga Floral and Antique Mall - 1892

Built before the turn of the century this building was purchased in 1892. In 1917 it became a clothing store and remained a clothing store until 1970. It then became a well-known drug store. The same person owned 104 & 106 W. Main since 1951. It continued as a drug store until sometime in the 1980'

Watonga, OK Historic Buildings

Watonga Cheese Factory - Retail Outlet

Watonga Cheese has a new facility in a new town but prides itself in its 70-year tradition to produce rich, handmade cheddar cheese full of flavor. Now located in Perryton, TX we continue to use the original equipment and recipe that makes our factory stand out from the rest!

Watonga, OK Venue Attractions

Noble House

The current Noble House structure was built in 1912 by Abe Bills, and replaced an old landmark wooden rooming house. The lower level of the new building housed a residence and a barber shop for Mr. Bills, his wife and daughter. The upstairs portion served as a rooming house. Abe Bills'

Watonga, OK Famous Homes

Barbara's - 1892

The first owner purchased this building from the US Government in 1892. According to a local historian the owner accumulated a lot of property in and around Watonga. This property has been under the same ownership as 104 W. Main since 1951. Seven couples have owned this property from 1892 to date.

Watonga, OK Historic Buildings

T. B. Ferguson Mansion Museum

The Ferguson Mansion was built in 1907 and is open for tours of its period furnishings and historic memorabilia. T.B. Ferguson, appointed Oklahoma's sixth territorial governor by President Theodore Roosevelt, is best remembered for his efforts to turn Oklahoma Territory into Oklahoma the State. <

Watonga, OK Museums

Things to do Historic Buildings near Watonga, OK