Circa 1956, The 19-story glass and copper skyscraper by Frank Lloyd Wright. The design is based on a diamond module of 30 and 60 degree triangles.
One Checotah National Historic Landmark which continues the service which began just after the turn of the century is the IOOF Home. In 1902, a farm of 160 acres and $5,000
An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "
The Oklahoma National Guard Armory was built by the WPA in 1936 during President Franklin D. Roosevelt'
This interesting building is located on the corner of south Lee across from the Fort Gibson State Bank.
Hominy's 1921 Marland service station is one of the few surviving examples of the popular triangle design utilized by the old Marland Oil Company (now Conoco)
Constructed in 1907, the building has always served the community as a drug store. Its affiliation with Rexall dates to the 1920
Having been in business since 1938, Clark Hardware was originally located in the Old Farmers Supply Building. In 1949
The Commerce Building, Okmulgee's Skycraper, was built by the Commerce Investment Company in 1921
The Okmulgee Public Library, organized in 1907 by a local women's civic organization, was incorporated in 1910, and became a department of the City in 1914
City Hall is located in the building which was the first Osage Tribal Council House. The present stone building, built in 1894
The Kennedy Building was once the Citizen's National Bank Building. The building was donated to Osage County in 1976
Once again, one can almost hear the summertime laughter echoing through the various levels and verandas of this uniquely designed bathhouse carved from native stone in 1939
This sandstone building was erected in 1874 and originally had three stories. The third story was removed in 1925
This four-year regional university has a long and colorful heritage which began in 1846
Built in 1908, the red rock records vault survived the courthouse fire in 1916
The 1892 Guard House was the only brick building built during the military occupation of Fort Supply, and is today the museum and crown jewel among the five military structures.
The Teamster's Cabin is a rare example of a common frontier building. In the early 1880
The COQ was built as a residence for the Army officer commanding Fort Supply. He and his family lived in relative comfort in the ten rooms that included a servant'
The Officers' Quarters is a story-and-a-half frame clapboard building. The duplex is one of eight similar buildings erected between 1882 and 1883. Six were located on "Officers' Row"
Like the Teamster's Cabin, the powder monkey's house dates to about 1870
The Armory Building was built in 1936 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Mr. Rose built a two-story brick building in 1911
At the corner of Main & Noble you will find Stewart Real Estate and H & R Block. It hasn't always been that way. In 1906
While you are strolling the streets and enjoying history you may like to stop by Temptations and see what is in store for you. In 1986
The first owner purchased this building from the US Government in 1892
Built before the turn of the century this building was purchased in 1892. In 1917 it became a clothing store and remained a clothing store until 1970
This was the United States Land Office site for filing claims at the opening of "Old Oklahoma," April 22, 1889, and also at the opening of the Cheyenne and Arapaho lands on April 19, 1892
This building was constructed in 1900 by the Anheuser Busch Brewing Association of St. Louis, Missouri. In 1922
The Kumback Cafe is one of the oldest cafes in Oklahoma. It has been in business for over 72 years and is the pride of the community with it art deco design.
Perhaps the most striking building in the downtown Perry business district area is the two-story red brick structure listed on the National Register of Historic Places
The three story building was built in 1924
Charles Christoph built this building in 1900
James Lobsitz founded the Famous Store in October of 1893 in a modest frame building a half a block east of the present building. His general merchandise business prospered and he erected the 50 by 90
J.A.. Pancoast, a lawyer, erected this building in approximately 1905
These two buildings were built by J.E. Evans of whom not much is now known. The building on the east was the first brick building on the square built in the spring of 1895
Originally the "Boston Store" built in 1894 and it was one of the first permanent buildings of stone on the square. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
First black bank in America, originally built in 1906 and rebuilt in the 1920s. Pretty Boy Floyd's gang once tried a robbery, but were thwarted by citizens.
Boley's school system was begun in 1909, and the existing school was built in 1930s.
On the north end of the business district, look for the peaked roof of the vintage 1930's Phillips 66 station. Although no longer in use, the building reminds us of travel down the historic Route 66
National Register of Historic Places The building was building 1899 by L. W. Clapp, Wichita, Kansas financier and mayor. The architecture is termed "Richardson-Romanesque"
National Register of Historic Places Built by the WPA in 1942 of native limestone.
National Register of Historic Places The oldest commercial buildings in Lincoln County, these sandstone "twin" buildings were built by pioneer merchant, A.E. Macho in 1897 and 1898
National Register of Historic Places A typical example of a Victorian storefront with angled doorway and iron column, this two-story building built in 1903
Restored in 1989, sign atop Yukon'
Among the largest Masonic buildings in the world.
Circe 1904, the only remaining building from Langston's territorial period, Formerly a boarding house for Oklahoma's Colored Agricultural and Normal College.
Once the largest poultry colony west of the Mississippi; many of its chicken houses still remain. Locations at 11007 Jeffords Ave, 11101 Draper Dr, 2512 Ives Way
Okemah's WPA Armory was built in the 1930's during the depression as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt'
The Okemah Public Library is located in a historic rock building constructed with the aid of WPA funds. Enjoying a scenic view of Okemah'
Built during the depression as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's WPA program, the construction of Okemah'
The Bohemian Hall, listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings
One of the most beautiful small libraries of Oklahoma belongs to Wewoka. Founded in 1929, its architecture is reminiscent of New England. It has been recently renovated, and listed on the
The largest Masonic temple in the state houses a library/museum, a costume room, and a 1930 Kimball organ with over 3,100
The Masonic Lodge of Pauls Valley is the oldest enterprise in Pauls Valley in continuous existence. Valley Lodge #6 was chartered on September 7th, 1875
The old Federal Court Building is the County's oldest permanent structure and now houses the City Hall.
Numerous western events take place in this WPA-era stone building and arena, named for "Mr. Ardmore,"
Medicine Park, unique with its eccentric cobble buildings, was originally founded on July 4th, 1908 by Oklahoma Senator Elmer Thomas. Medicine Park was Oklahoma'
The Native stone building was built in 1936
The building was constructed for the use as the City Hall in 1912 by the City Administration. All city offices were located there, including the 2
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
First Indian trading post in Oklahoma.
The old Cordell National Bank Building with its corner entrance has been a financial center during most of its 95+
. L. Hull, long-time president of the First National Bank, was instrumental in the construction of both the old First National Bank Building in 1909-1910 and the Carnegie Library in 1911
This photo shows the 1911-1912
This row of buildings, built between 1907 and 1912
The Tonkawa Armory was built by the WPA in 1936
The Electric Park Pavilion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places
The library features Roman/
Built in 1909
The Blackwell Armory with it Art Deco architecture was built in 1925, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
This beautiful, historic 1939
Originally the National Bank of Commerce (est 1902) with a Victorian red brick exterior, this historic Frederick building has for some 70 years now been clad with the beige 'deco'