The historic district in Pawhuska is comprised of 98 buildings, 86 of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. These two and three-story brick structures, along with a five-story triangle building, provide an impressive tribute to days gone by.
City Hall is located in the building which was the first Osage Tribal Council House. The present stone building, built in 1894, is the second building, as the original was destroyed by fire. The bell in the tower was used to call councilmen to meetings.