In early Coffey County history, farmers brought their wheat to this well-known Burlington landmark situated at the east end of Kennebec Street.
The elevator building is all that remains of the Excelsior Water Mills, built in 1869
The Post Office building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 17, 1989 for its association with the Treasury Department's Section Program and for the artistic significance of the sculpture it contains.
The sculpture, "Boy and Colt,"
People come from miles around to use the many parks and recreation facilities in Burlington. Burlington has five recreational parks: Conrad Park, Drake Park and City Dam, Jones Youth Recreational Park, and Kelley Park, and Oak Park