The Post Office building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 17, 1989 for its association with the Treasury Department's Section Program and for the artistic significance of the sculpture it contains.
The sculpture, "Boy and Colt," was carved by Arizona artist Robert Kittredge in 1942. The National Register has identified post offices containing Section artwork as being exceptionally significant if they retain integrity from their period of significance.
Address: 107 South Fourth Street
Come visit us in Burlington, Kansas