LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Butler County Courthouse


category : Historic Courthouses
Butler County Courthouse The historic Butler County Courthouse was built in 1909. Its Romanesque Style was designed by famed architect, George P. Washburn. Its terrazzo floors are still intact and reflect its elegant history.

The first woman jury in Kansas met here in 1912.

The courthouse is open for self-guided tours during regular business hours.


Address: 205 West Central
Phone: 316-322-4300
Our Email: history@kansasoilmuseum.org
Our Website:www.kansasoilmuseum.org

Come visit us in El Dorado, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Missouri-Pacific Depot

The El Dorado Missouri-Pacific Depot began as a wooden structure in 1883 in a town of less than 2,000 people. It served as a center of activity and development for the community with news being brought in by train and other news transferred by the telegraph located at the depot.

El Dorado, KS Railroad History

William Allen White Monument

The commemorative marble monument honors the Pulitzer Prize winning editor who was reared in El Dorado.

William Allen White

The world beat a path to the cluttered desk of William Allen White, publisher of a small daily newspaper, The Emporia Gazette in Kansas.

El Dorado, KS Monuments


Butler County Courthouse

The historic Butler County Courthouse was built in 1909. Its Romanesque Style was designed by famed architect, George P. Washburn. Its terrazzo floors are still intact and reflect its elegant history. The first woman jury in Kansas met here in 1912.

El Dorado, KS Historic Courthouses


Things to do Historic Courthouses near El Dorado, KS