This was the home of David Gee Campbell, the founder of Campbelltown, the original name sited for Merriam. The original house was moved from Shawnee in 1864 and placed on an 18" rock
foundation and basement, made from stone and sand hauled from Turkey Creek. The house burned down in 1890 and was later rebuilt on the original foundation.
The house stands today with some changes and is owned by the Merriam Christian Church.
Address: 9503 Johnson Drive
Come visit us in Merriam, Kansas