Canal Fulton, Ohio
Upcoming Events in Canal Fulton Ohio
Haunted History Walks of Canal Fulton
- Walk with Ghosts and History! Walk the dimly lit streets of Canal Fulton and mingle among the shadows. Join your guide Paranormal Investigator Sherri Brake-Recco and follow the light of her lantern. Visit haunted and historical locations in this historic canal town..if you dare!
Check website for details and monthly tours.
Ohio Conservatory of Ballet's Spring Gala
- The Spring Gala event will feature a spectacular rendition of La Bayadere- a colorful, classical ballet in Indian style. The original choreography was staged in 1877 in St. Petersburg and is still performed today by some of the most well respected dance companies internationally.
The Second Act of the Gala will also present a new and exciting choreography in classical and contemporary styles, including the Hungarian Rhapsody choreographed by Stabrova. In addition, winners of the 2012 of Youth America Grand Prix and guest artists from Manassas Ballet theater including principal dancer Sara Gaydash (a former student of OCB), and Jorden Kullos, will perform Adajio from Swan Lake. Additional guest artists include dancers from Point Park University.
Address: North West High School- Puffenberger Hall: 8580 Erie Ave NW, Canal Fulton, OH 44614 , Canal Fulton, Ohio
Heritage Society Fishing Future
- Free Fishing Honoring Mothers Day for the whole family. Fathers, sons and daughters bring Mom fishing and enjoy the day in St. Helena Park Canal from 10 am - 3 pm. Bring a lunch and stay all day there will be free giveaways.
Registration and event at the Warehouse on the Canal, 239 N. Canal St.
Address: St. Helena Park Canal, 239 N. Canal St. , Canal Fulton, Ohio
|2 - 4||
Canal Fulton's Olde Canal Days Festival
- Grande Parade, fireworks and fun for the whole family is what makes this such an exceptional event. This four day event, you can journey in the past by riding the St. Helena III, horse drawn canal boat, down the Ohio Erie Canal. Visit the museum, enjoy amusement rides, arts and crafts, live entertainment and much more.
Want to step out of the fast past of festivities?
Take a leisure stroll down the towpath trail adjacent to the Ohio Erie Canal. Hiking, biking, even canoeing and kayaking are available for those who want to explore the canalway and the Tuscawaras River.
Truly an event where the past and present come alive. Don't miss it!!
Address: Canal Fulton Chamber of Commerce
|25||Canal Fulton Bicentennial Celebration - Join the resident of Canal Fulton as they celebrate 200th birthday on August 3, 2014 from 1 to 10 pm at St. Helena Heritage Park. This free, celebration includes over 40 family, fun filled events ending with a big bang. Stay till the very end for the Electric Light Parade and the most spectacular fireworks display ever.|
Bicentennial Car, Truck & Tractor Show
- Canal Fulton Bicentennial Car, Truck & Tractor Show - August 3rd Noon to 5:00 pm.
Dash plaques to first 100 vehicles registered. Awards, door prizes, Canal Boat rides & more! Registration fee only $5.
Enjoy free Bicentennial Festival 1:00 to 10:00 pm. Live entertainment, contests, fireworks, games, Electric Light Parade and much more.
Address: St Helena Heritage Park, 123 Tuscarawas St , Canal Fulton, Ohio
|30 - 31||
Canal Fulton Historical & Art Festival
- A weekend festival of history and art celebrating Canal Fulton's historical "canal era" heritage. Wine tasting, assortment of art vendors, historical displays and lectures, museum tours, live entertainment and more. Climb aboard and ride a horse drawn canal boat, the St. Helena III, down an original part of the Ohio & Erie Canal as travelers did in the 1800's. Hike & bike the towpath trail, canoe or kayak the Tuscarawas River from a nearby canoe livery. Visitors can also stroll the specialty shops and restaurants located in the historical downtown district.
Address: Canal Fulton Heritage Society, 116 S. Canal Street , Canal Fulton, Ohio
|28 - 12||
Yankee Peddler Festival
- The Yankee Peddler Festival is an authentic pioneer world with none of the hustle-bustle, whining and whirring, honking and squawking, and buzzing feedback of our modern world. It lets you sample and share in the pure beauty of human inspiration and in the pleasures of a simply, uncluttered existence. Three Weekends. 10:30am - 6:00pm.
Step back in time 200 years to join hundreds of artists, crafters, entertainers, and food purveyors in the special and refreshing pioneer world of the Yankee Peddler. Called the "Fourteenth Colony" by Western Reserve Magazine and featured in travel guides, including the Rand-McNally Ultimate Road Atlas and Vacation Guide, the Yankee Peddler Festival is nestled in 75 acres of lovely wooded glades. Visitors find rustic shops set up by master artists and crafters who not only sell their wares, but demonstrate how they transform inspiration into objects of beauty. Professional entertainers from traveling theatrical groups through magicians to musicians perform around every bend. And the Yankee Peddler food purveyors have become renowned in their own right for foods grilled and barbecued over open fires and for freshly made desserts and beverages.
|28 - 12||
Yankee Peddler Today Festival
- Building on the world-renowned excellence of the Yankee Peddler Festival, the Yankee Peddler Today Festival presents a contemporary vision of arts & crafts, entertainment, and great outdoor food. Contemporary crafters and artists from across the United States gather to demonstrate their innovative skills and to sell their work.
YP Today is laid out in a lovely rustic setting, making for a pleasant stroll awash with tasteful art and entertainment. Jugglers and magicians join the fine musicians who carry on in the Yankee Peddler tradition of performing in intimate, up-close venues.
Visitors enjoy pizza freshly-made in wood-fired ovens, Mexican taco salads, and quesadillas and steak hoagies made on barbecues. They can even taste an assortment of locally produced wines.
Yankee Peddler Today runs concurrently with the grand Yankee Peddler Festival at Clay's Park Resort. One ticket admits the visitor into both the Yankee Peddler Today Festival and the Yankee Peddler Festival. Two festivals for the price of one! An opportunity to not only enjoy a great day of contemporary fare, but to also shop for contemporary styles in arts & crafts at very moderate prices.
|28 - 12||A Taste Of Ohio at Yankee Peddler Festival - Come visit us at the annual Yankee Peddler Festival.|