National Register of Historic Places
On April 27, 1903, President Theodore Roosevelt broke ground for the construction of a new Grand Island public library. A $20,000 Carnegie Corporation grant assisted with the building costs. Designed by the architectural firm of Tyler and Son of Lincoln, Nebraska, the 1906 Neo-classical Revival Style, two story, high basement brick structure was built by Henry Falldorf and Otto Dirschke, Grand Island contractors. The library building is now called the Roosevelt Office Center.
Address: 321 West Second Street
Come visit us in Grand Island, Nebraska