The Centennial Plaza, with its backdrop of Spanish Colonial Revival
architecture, was started as a project for the Centennial year of the 1893 run. It contains bricks engraved with the names of pioneers, descendants, organizations, supporters and others who helped make the project a success. The brick plaza with 6,527 named bricks surrounds the DAR Memorial fountain and War Memorial tablet erected in 1925 by the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Centennial Statue sculpted by Jo Saylors. Jo Davidson's statue of E.W. Marland, completed in the late 20s was donated to the City after Marland's death by Mrs. Marland, and erected on its present site in 1950.
Address: 5th and Grand
Come visit us in Ponca City, Oklahoma