Charleston, West Virginia
Upcoming Events in Charleston West Virginia
|3||Annual India Heritage Fair - This is a show piece event of culture and heritage and a very well attended celebration of Indo-American friendship. Stalls with foods from different parts of India will certainly satisfy your taste buds. Folk dances and other cultural events will be presented by the community members. Stalls displaying jewelery, cloths, handicrafts, groceries and mehndi (henna) will further bring you closer to India. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
- Annual Celebration of the growing season with workshops, exhibits, and demonstrations. Vendors will have items for sale and lunch will be available for purchase. 8:30am - 2:30pm.
Address: West Virginia Cultural Center, 1900 Kanawha Blvd E , Charleston, West Virginia
|26 - 29||
Mountain Quilt Quest
- Come and join us for a winding adventure through the hills of West Virginia. This 4-day event filled with fabric, fun and prizes will challenge your love of quilting and the natural beauty of our state. Each of the 14 quilt shops will have a different quilt pattern and fabric kit. When you have collected all 14 patterns and kits you will be able to create a wonderful quilt as a memory of your journey.
Visit each shop for a FREE collectible quilt charm and create your own charm bracelet or necklace as a souvenir of your adventure. Each shop's charm is unique and new for each year. Some restrictions apply. (Must attend in person to collect charm, 18 years and older, one per person while supplies last, does not include cost of jewelry) (We reserve the right to make changes).
Shop Hop Hours: Wed. - Fri. 9am-8pm Sat. 9am - 4pm
Inquire at any of our shops about our Bus Trips.
|12 - 21||FestivALL Charleston - FestivALL Charleston is a citywide arts and entertainment celebration with major concerts, free music stages (traditional Appalachian music to jazz) and a down town arts fair with street theater and dance. You can enjoy public art creations, a one-act play festival, dance company performances, a special Mountain Stage show and ride a water taxi across the Kanawha River to the Wine and All That Jazz and Blues and Brews and Barbecues events. There will be well over 100 performances and activities for all ages (including a library street fair for children) at beautiful indoor and outdoor venues all over town.|
|12||Smoke on the Water Chili Cook-off - An opportunity for the area to show off its chili-cooking prowess. Live music, children's activities, peoples choice sampling, hot pepper eating contest on party deck, awards. The Annual Smoke on the Water cook off benefits HospiceCare|
The Biggest Loser RunWalk Charleston Half Marathon/5K/Kids 1 Mile Fun Run
- A race for all fitness levels, whether you are ready to set a personal record or this is your first race, come join us at The Biggest Loser RunWalk!
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
• The Biggest Loser Finisher's Medal
• Commemorative Technical T-Shirt
• Drawstring Backpack
• Chip-Timed Race for Runners and Those Tracking Personal Goals
• Free Downloadable Race Photos
• Award Divisions for Runners and Walkers
• Celebrity appearances by former contestants from "The Biggest Loser"
• Hydration Stations with Water/Sports Drinks Along the Course
and Food at the Finish Line
• Finish Line Festival Entertainment by Billboard Chart Topping Artist &
Former Biggest Loser Season 5 Contestant, Dan Evans
• Last but not Least, a Truly Inspirational and Unforgettable Experience
Address: Haddad Riverfront Park: Court St. & Kanawha Blvd., Charleston, WV 25304 , Charleston, West Virginia
|23 - 25||
- A celebration of ethnic diversity and multiculturalism in our Mountain State. Created in 1990, Multifest has quickly become one of the largest educational, family-oriented events in the area. Best of all, it's absolutely free.
Multifest is held annually the first weekend in August on the State Capitol grounds. At Multifest, you will be able to indulge in great Soul Food, fine Asian cuisine, and zesty Hispanic food. Don't forget about those top performers - everything from gospel and jazz to hip-hop, reggae, R&B and pop. Other activities include ethnic arts & crafts and cultural dance.
|22 - 26||
Charleston Boulevard Rod Run And Doo Wop
- This four day car show includes poker runs, free doo wop concerts, river cruises, tours, auto parts vendors, crafters and more. Thousands upon thousands of people come to look at the beautiful cars, watch the magnificent fireworks, listen to the free concerts, watch the burnout contests and the many other events during the four days of the show.
Address: Kanawha Boulevard , Charleston, West Virginia