The three story building was built in 1924 to house the various Masonic organizations then active in Perry. In recent years the Masons have moved to a new location but their name remains associated with the building listed on the National Historic Register.
Through the use of artifacts, photographs, and documents the museum traces the history of the Cherokee Outlet and its people.
In addition to exhibits detailing the chronological history of life in the Outlet, there are vignettes of a *General Store, * Kitchen, *
"This sculpture and the plaza surrounding it are dedicated to the honor of all the stalwart men and women who took part in the greatest land rush of all time - the celebrated Cherokee Strip Run, held on September 16, 1893.