The Rose Hill School is a furnished one-room country school built in 1895. In schools like this one, students received their eduction from the first through the eighth grade. Rose Hill School was moved to the museum grounds in 1971.
James Lobsitz founded the Famous Store in October of 1893 in a modest frame building a half a block east of the present building. His general merchandise business prospered and he erected the 50 by 90 foot two-story brick building in 1908