Located 3.5 miles northwest of Council Grove. Fisherman will be hooked on the bass, walleye, catfish, and crappie, in this well stocked 500 acre lake. A public boat ramp, beach, and picnic areas are a... Council Grove City Lake
Located on East Main Street. This park is a great place to have lunch in the shade and visit some of Council Grove's historic sites including the old Cowboy Jail, built in 1871, playground, picnic fac... Durland Park
"A trail passing through paradise". A 115 mile gravel and wood chip covered trail for non-motorized recreation passes through Council Grove between Osawatomie and Herington, Kansas. Council Grove is a... Flint Hills Nature Trail / Rails to Trails
This building houses the two-story Atkinson Log House, constructed in 1858 on Clark's Creek near Large Spring near Latimer, and moved to this site in 1996. It is one of the two oldest wooden structures known to remain in Morris County.
The Kaw (or Kansa) Indians lived in three villages southeast of Council Grove from 1848 until their removal south to Indian Territory in 1873. Methodist Episcopal missionaries built this school for Kaw children in 1851
This striking statue, depicting a pioneer mother with two children, pays tribute to the sturdy women of covered wagon days. The 10-feet-tall figure is made of pink Algonite stone and was erected in 1928