LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Courthouse Square


category : Historic Courthouses
Historic features include courthouse (1883), first Catholic Church (1875), first schoolhouse (1883), and Zero Stone placed by survey party in 1859, used as origin point for all land surveys in this part of West Texas. Nearby St. Stephens Episcopal Church (1872), was first Protestant Church west of the Pecos River.


Come visit us in Fort Stockton, Texas

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Courthouse Square

Historic features include courthouse (1883), first Catholic Church (1875), first schoolhouse (1883), and Zero Stone placed by survey party in 1859, used as origin point for all land surveys in this part of West Texas. Nearby St. Stephens Episcopal Church (1872)

Fort Stockton, TX Historic Courthouses

Historic Fort Stockton

Typical frontier military post established 1858 as Camp Stockton; abandoned in 1886. Fort consisted of 35 buildings made of adobe and hand-hewn limestone. Four original buildings remain: Three of the eight officers' quarters, and guardhouse with jailer'

Fort Stockton, TX Historic Forts

Historical Sites Tour

A series of special signs on city streets provide guidance for do-it-yourself tour of historic sites. Historical notations date from days of Cabeza de Vaca's explorations, 1534, and other explorers such as Espejo in 1583, Mendosa in 1684

Fort Stockton, TX Tours

Old Fort Cemetery

Records on existing tombstones indicate few people lived beyond age 40;

Fort Stockton, TX Cemeteries

Things to do Historic Courthouses near Fort Stockton, TX

Courthouse Square

Historic features include courthouse (1883), first Catholic Church (1875), first schoolhouse (1883), and Zero Stone placed by...