LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Dodge County Courthouse


category : Historic Courthouses
Dodge County Courthouse

Dodge County was established in 1856. Fontenelle was named temporary county seat, but Fremont won the
county seat designation in 1860. J.J. Hawthorn donated land for courthouse purposes in 1866. In 1867 the county built the first courthouse, a two-story brick structure. In December 1887, fire severely damaged this building. As a result, county residents approved a bond issue in 1888 for a new courthouse. Dedicated in 1890, this building also fell victim to fire in 1915. The present and third building was constructed on the same site as the others. This Classical Revival-style building was formally
dedicated in 1918.



Address: Park Avenue between 4th and 5th Streets

Come visit us in Fremont, Nebraska

Attractions and Upcoming Events

George Turner House

The George and Nancy Turner House, built in 1867

Fremont, NE Historic Homes


Historical District Walking Tour - Nye Avenue

Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of Nye Avenue. View the beautifully designed homes boasting the different architectural styles of their period. There are over twenty-five houses within the confines of the proposed National Register District of Nye Avenue.

Fremont, NE City Walking/Driving Tour

John C. Fremont Days

This is the community's premier celebration, and is held three days in July. Activities take place throughout town and include a wide variety of entertainment, cultural presentations, historical re-enactments, food courts, live entertainment, craft booths, sporting events and more.

Fremont, NE Reenactments

Fremont & Elhorn Valley Railroad and Museum

Come relive a portion of our history aboard the FEVR, Nebraska's longest and largest tourist railroad, in rail cars dating from the 1920

Fremont, NE Excursions

Things to do Historic Courthouses near Fremont, NE