Edenton, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Edenton North Carolina
|14 - 15||Annual Edenton Music and Water Festival - Annual Festival will kick-off with a Sunset Paddle on Friday at 6:30 - 8 pm followed by the festival on Saturday with a celebration of our waterways with free paddling demonstrations, leisure & guided paddles along the creeks, sunfish sailboat races, expanded kids area with games while topping the day off with local & regional musically talented entertainers. Those wishing to promote and be a part of the on-going advertising can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org|
Heritage Farm Fest
- Whether you grew up on a farm or have just wondered what it was like to grow up on one, you won't to miss this year's Heritage Farm Fest. Step back in time as you wander through the Heritage Village. Watch as skilled artisans perform the trades of a bygone era. Learn about Blacksmiths, Shingle Making, and Notorious Moonshiners. Sample wonderful heritage foods. Witness teams of mighty draft horses as they move effortlessly by hands and voices of their drivers. Go back to simpler times as you see and hear the antique tractors and equipment in action. The day will be filled with old-fashioned, family-friendly fun.
8:30 - 9:50 am - Registration of Tractors, Animals and Heritage Demonstrations
10:00 am - Downtown Edenton Parade begins at John A. Holmes High School
11:15 am - Parade returns to John A. Holmes High School Campus
11:00 am - 4 pm Main Events
|4 - 5||Edenton Bay Challenge - Tanzers, Windmills, Sunfish, Optimist, Flying Scots, and Lasers compete in this one-class design race annually.|
July 4th Reading of the Declaration of Independence and Fireworks
- Please join the Daughters of the American Revolution in the Reading of the Declaration of Independence at the Joseph Hewes Monument. This event has received the National Award as the Best Independence Day Celebration by the National Society in Washington DC.
A short biographical sketch of Hewes, the singing of the Star Spangled Banner, a prayer and wreath laying ceremony by the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution. The American Legion Post 40 Color Guard will present the colors.
Conversation with Joseph Hewes following the ceremony. (Joseph Hewes was an Edenton resident and signer of the Declaration of Independence.) 9:30 am.
In the evening, enjoy waterfront fireworks, local food trucks, live music, and more in Downtown Edenton, North Carolina!
|28 - 2||Chowan County Regional Fair - Amusement rides, entertainment, exhibits, and great food at the American Legion Fairgrounds! To purchase tickets in advance send check or money order to: Chowan County Regional Fair P.O. Box 390 Edenton, NC 27932 or visit most Colony Tire stores in northeastern NC or the Colony Tire store in Suffolk, VA.|
Annual Peanut Festival & Parade
- It's that time of the year when leaves are beginning to fall and the air is getting cooler, so pick up those chairs and come on out and watch the annual Peanut Festival Parade on at 11:00 am and then stop by the Boy Scout Hut and pick up some good BBQ and Fried Chicken plates to carry home or just sit in car and eat. Plates are $10.00 each. Time will be from 11:00 until 2:00 pm. We will then move behind the football field to continue to sell plates from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Yes, you can still drive up and pick up your plate.
Battle of the Band will kick off at 4:00 pm. We will be hosting 10 visiting bands for Battle of the Band competition this year. This is the time for our Marching Aces to shine and show their talents as we kick off our annual Peanut Festival. Also, we will have an Arts and Crafts table, baked goods, and concessions!
11 AM - Til
Shrimp by the Bay
- LIVE music, Silent Auction, Raffle Baskets, Adult Ring Toss, Corn Hole, T-Shirts, fresh fried shrimp, flounder, potatoes, cole slaw, and a whole lot of fun! Come join us for Shrimp by the Bay!
6:30 - 10:30 pm. Rain or Shine.
|26||Caroling on the Green - Come and enjoy the caroling on the green in front of the 1767 Chowan County Old Court House with refreshments afterward.|
|10 - 11||Annual Groaning Board - Iredell House - The Iredell House is decorated for the season with period decorations and foods that make the table heavily laden with treats to enjoy part of The Candlelight Tour Weekend events. 1-5 pm .|
|10 - 11||
Christmas Candlelight Tour
- Make the holidays extra special by stepping inside some of the most beautifully decorated homes in Historic Edenton. Gracious residents invite you into their wonderfully festive homes for this memorable annual event. For more information or to order tickets please contact The Barker House. 4-8pm.
Address: The Barker House - 505 South Broad Street , Edenton, North Carolina
|10 - 11||Annual Wassail Bowl at the Cupola House - The Cupola House is decorated with period decorations for the season. Wassail is served along with some tasty treats and entertainment throughout the weekend. 1-5pm.|
|11||Edenton-Chowan Christmas Parade - Come and enjoy the floats, boats, horses and holiday cheer! Shrine units at 10am.|