The Greenwood County Historical Museum houses artifacts including geneological records, maps agricultural tools, house-hold items, and interesting displays. See the doll house, shaving mugs, tool chest (1860), 1900
The Memorial Hall is host to a regular tour of Jim Brother's Bronze Sculptures, which have garnered Worldwide acclaim. His awards and credits are numerous and include the Carl Akeley Medallion, (Intl.); "Best in the World", Wildlife Sculpture; Seville World Expo, at the 1992 World'
This brick building was dedicated in 1884. The original building, 50' x 100', consisted of three stories and a small basement. The addition to the east was built in 1923 and the exterior of the original building received a stucco treatment in 1926, creating a Spanish look. The hotel cafe (
The present building was built by the Carnegie Foundation and the Entre Nous Club at a cost of $20,000. It opened to the public September 26, 1914. The Entre Nous club donated their collection of 25,000
The cornerstone of the first frame church was laid in 1868. It must have taken a while to erect the first church, as it was not finished until 1870. That church was destroyed by a tornado in 1873. The cornerstone for the present stone church was laid September 18, 1873