The Richardson County Courthouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was completed in 1925 to replace a wooden courthouse which was destroyed by fire. The then county commissioners commissioned architect W.F. Gernandt to build a fire proof structure for $200,000
The community's most used public building is referred to as "The Jewel of southeast Nebraska." Held under this massive roof are sporting events, craft shows, home shows, musicals, and many other events. The building was constructed during the Great Depression in the 1930
The Veteran's Memorial Monument is located on the southeast side of the courthouse lawn, and is a tribute to Richardson County men who were killed in World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam War.
The Richardson County Military History Museum is located in the east entrance of the Richardson County Courthouse, in Falls City, Nebraska. This museum is dedicated to preserving the rich military history of those men and women who served our nation.