This Italiante-style house was built in 1881 and features an unusual decorative hardwood floor in the sitting room, classic furniture, painting by noted regional artist, Alice Cleaver, and details of political interest; such as, the coat and tails worn by Governor Arthur Weaver at his 1929
The Richardson County Courthouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was completed in 1925 to replace a wooden courthouse which was destroyed by fire. The then county commissioners commissioned architect W.F. Gernandt to build a fire proof structure for $200,000
The Veteran's Memorial Monument is located on the southeast side of the courthouse lawn, and is a tribute to Richardson County men who were killed in World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam War.