LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Farmers and Drovers Bank Building


category : Historic Buildings
Farmers and Drovers Bank Building A Council Grove landmark, the Farmers and Drovers Bank is one of the community's most ornate buildings. The two-story red brick bank with limestone trim was built in 1892 for $20,000. Its "eclectic" architecture features Romanesque arches over stained glass windows and a Byzantine dome. The bank continues to operate at this site, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Address: 201 West Main
Phone: 620-767-5138

Come visit us in Council Grove, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Field School House

The one-room Field School, closed at the end of the 1945-46 school year, is remarkably well preserved. It was moved from its original site 8 miles south of Council Grove to Maple Camp in 1999

Council Grove, KS Historic Schoolhouses


Madonna of the Trail

This striking statue, depicting a pioneer mother with two children, pays tribute to the sturdy women of covered wagon days. The 10-feet-tall figure is made of pink Algonite stone and was erected in 1928

Council Grove, KS Memorials

Hays House

Town founder Seth Hays, a grandson of Daniel Boone and cousin of Kit Carson, opened the Hays House in 1857. Over the years, the Hays House was a gathering place for church services, court trials, bawdy theatricals and politicians\'

Council Grove, KS Restaurants

Neosho River Walk

"Retracing the Footsteps of the Pioneers"

Council Grove, KS Trails

Things to do Historic Buildings near Council Grove, KS

Old Conoco Station

Originally there were three frame buildings at this location. The first one housed a cigar factory, the second a barber shop ...