This land office building was built in 1854 and was used by the first mayor of Osawatomie, H. B. Smith, and his brother who were the first land patent agents in the territory. It was deeded to the city in 1954 by A. W. Youngberg as a memorial to his wife.
Now a Tourist Information Center open in the summer, it is operated by the Osawatomie Historic Society. Dedicated May 28, 1995, the Trail of Death plaque, a memorial to the Potawatomi Indians is on this site.
Address: 6th and Lincoln Ave.
Come visit us in Osawatomie, Kansas