The U.S. Cavalry Museum building was constructed in 1854 and used for nearly thirty years as the Post Hospital. In 1889, as Fort Riley's mission changed from a frontier to a school post, this building... U. S. Cavalry Museum
The U.S. Cavalry Museum and 1st Infantry Division Museum document the storied history of American Cavalry and the "Big Red One". Appropriately, the museums stand next to each other in the heart of Fo... First Infantry Division Museum - Fort Riley
Constructed in 1855 of native limestone, the Custer House is the only surviving set of quarters from the Fort's earliest history and authentically depicts military life on the western frontier during ... Custer House - Fort Riley
Wainwright Hall is named for General Jonathan Wainwright who served as the assistant commandant of the Cavalry School during the 1930s. The building was constructed in 1889 as a barracks for calvary t... Wainwright Hall - Fort Riley
The Old Trooper has become a symbol at Fort Riley of the proud heritage of the Horse Cavalry. It is modeled after the drawing of "Old Bill," the cavalry soldier drawn by famous western artist, Frederic Remington. This sketch is displayed in the Cavalry Museum'
Constructed in 1889, this building originally served as the post hospital until after World War II, when primary medical facilities were moved to Camp Whiteside. It is named after General Charles P. Summerall, who was an early commander of the 1