This site covers the 1562 French settlement known as Charlesfort and the 1566-1587 Spanish village of Santa Elena. Remains of the Spanish forts San Felipe and San Marcos are still visible. Exhibits, a nature overlook and a nature/history trail also are on site.
- Admissions: Free
Days and Hou
Address: Parris Island Marine Corps Depot
Parris Island,SC 29905
Phone: (843) 525-2952
Fax: (843) 525-3065
Come visit us in Parris Island, South Carolina