Fort Smith, Arkansas
Upcoming Events in Fort Smith Arkansas
Xtreme Fighting Inc presents XFI ICE
- Xtreme Fighting Inc is excited to present XFI ICE, their 13th show and historically largest fight card yet!! Doors open at 6PM at the Fort Smith Convention Center. Weigh-ins will be Friday at the Convention Center and are open to the public. show info & fight card are posted on our official Facebook page. For more information contact Jami at 479-806-3642 or Christina at 479-883-8047.
Tickets will not be sold online for this event. They can be purchased at one of two official ticket locations:
SPIKE 22 ACADEMY
624 MAIN ST, VAN BUREN
221 GARRISON AVE, FORT SMITH
Address: Rogers Ave and 9th St (Fort Smith Convention Center , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|10||Annual Easter Egg Hunt - For kids 12 and under. Egg hunt and candy rain.|
|11||Annual Easter Drama - A celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ with drama and music at 6:30 p.m.|
|16 - 17||
IC Spring Festival
- An event for the whole community and surrounding areas. Festival features games for all ages, food, crafts, silent auction, used book sale, live entertainment and more.
Address: Immaculate Conception Church Parking Lot , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|8 - 9||
Heritage Days Festival
- Fundraiser dinner on May 27. Home tours, live music, crafts and living history on May 28.
Address: Belle Grove Historic District , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Oak Cemetery Tales of the Crypt
- Historical and educational guided tour of people at Oak Cemetery that shaped the west and built Fort Smith. Actors in period costumes portray the deceased citizens of Fort Smith. Visitors should wear comfortable shoes and clothes; this is a walking tour.
Address: Oak Cemetery , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Annual Ron Clifton Memorial BASS TOURNAMENT
- Prizes for Most Pounds from 5 fish per boat. $500 for the Biggest Bass!
1st - $1000
2nd - $500
3rd - $250
4th - $100
5th - $75
Proceeds to benefit the new Evangel Temple (E.T.) Worship Center.
Safelight to 3 P.M.
Address: Clear Creek Park , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Old Fort Days Memorial Day and Rodeo Parade
- Fort Smith's annual Old Fort Days Memorial Day Rodeo Parade is one of the best of the year. Come see hundreds of horses and parade entries and get in that holiday and rodeo spirit! 10 a.m.
Address: Garrison Avenue, Historic Downtown Fort Smith , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|24 - 29||
Old Fort Days Rodeo
- Featuring the best cowboys, prize money, quality livestock and exciting events including Saddle Bronc Riding, Bull Riding, Bareback Riding, Calf Roping, Barrel Racing and Steer Wrestling. Plus don't miss the FREE entertainment on the Dr. Pepper stage and nightly performances by the Old Fort Days Dandies! Performances begin at 7:30 nightly.
Address: Kay Rodgers Park , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|11 - 12||
Judge Isaac C. Parker Memorial Chili Cook-Off
- Borderline Chiliheads present the Annual Judge Isaac C. Parker Memorial Chili Cookoff, Mid-South Regional Open and Arkansas State Open Barbeque Championship. Proceeds benefit The Boys Shelter of Fort Smith. Fri. 8 a.m. - midnight, Sat. 8 a.m. - afternoon
Friday night entertainment 7 p.m. - Midnight. Open to the Public. $5 Admission goes to the Boy's Shelter.
Fri: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. registration 6 p.m. Jackpot beans turn in 7 p.m. CASI Chili turn in Announcements Band starts Sat.: 8 - 10 a.m. cooks' registration Noon CASI Chili turn in BBQ turn in starts at 12:30 p.m. Announcements
|18 - 19||
Annual Riverfront Blues Festival
- Jammed packed weekend for the whole family. Blues Fest including All Star Car Show at the Convention Center, Motorcycle Events and Barbeque by the Hog Blues BBQ Society.
Known as the "BEST little BLUES FEST IN AMERICA" Only $5 dollars per person/per day. Come hear the best blues music around the world on the Arkansas River in Fort Smith. 10 bands will play during the two day event. Proceeds to benefit several charities, including a scholarship for musicians.
Address: Harry E. Kelley Riverfront Park , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|22 - 24||
Annual Arkansas Big Bass Bonanza
- $50,000 Grand Prize Guaranteed for Top Catch! LITTLE ROCK, Ark.— The Arkansas Big Bass Bonanza, the country's largest amateur big bass tournament, will return to the Natural State for a tenth consecutive year. Anglers can choose to fish one, two or all three days of the tournament. The angler who lands the largest fish in the three-day tournament will take home $50,000, with four other pool winters to receive $10,000 each. Approximately 3,000 fishermen are expected to compete in the event. Total prize money will be determined by the total number of registrants in the tournament. In previous tournaments, tournament officials distributed over $200,000 in total prizes.
Brought to you by the Arkansas Hospitality Association, the contest spans 300 miles of eligible fishing from Fort Smith to Dumas - the entire length of the Arkansas River within the state’s borders. As in previous years, the river will be divided into five fishing pools, and each pool will have one official weigh-in site. The five weigh-in sites are: - Clear Creek Park, Fort Smith; - Dardanelle State Park, Russellville side; - Verizon Ramp, North Little Rock; - Regional Park, Pine Bluff; and - Pendleton Bridge, east of Dumas.
Fishermen can choose to fish any of the five pools and can fish different pools during the three-day event. However, all fish must be weighed in the pool in which they were caught. Eligible fish species include largemouth, smallmouth and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass).
Address: Clearcreek Park on Arkansas River , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Mayor's Annual Fourth of July Celebration
- Starts around 5 p.m., with live entertainment, good food and lots of activities! Spectacular fireworks display at dark.
Address: Riverfront Park , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|25 - 26||
Annual Massard Prairie Civil War Battle Anniversary
- Commemoration of the anniversary of the attack at the camp site of the 6th Kansas Calvary. Reenactors, park tours and activities.
Address: Massard Prairie Battlefield , Fort Smith, Arkansas
The Great AirFair
- The Fort Smith Regional Airport will host the Young Emerging Leaders (YEL) of the Greater Fort Smith Region's community-wide, family event, "The Great Air Fair." "The Great Air Fair" will be held at the Fort Smith Regional Airport located at 6700 McKennon Boulevard in Fort Smith, Saturday, from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
"The Great Air Fair"schedule will include activities for children of all ages and adults alike. Activities include professional BMX stunt demonstrations, live music, rock climbing wall, and various inflatable and carnival games. Local food vendors will be on site with a variety of choices to purchase for attendees. Raffle tickets will also be available to purchase for prizes including airfare courtesy of American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and Northwest Airlines. Other raffle prizes include hotel stays, weekend car rentals, and spa packages. Raffle tickets are $3.00 each or $5.00 for two tickets.
Address: 6700 McKennon Boulevard , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|5 - 7||
Annual Bargains Galore on 64
- 160 miles of antique sales, yard sales, sidewalk sales and flea markets along U.S. Hwy 64 for Ft. Smith to Beebe
Address: Hwy 64 Fort Smith to Conway , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|7 - 8||
Annual Slamily Reunion Car Show & Tattoo Expo
- Arkansas' Largest Car Truck & Bike Show & Tattoo Expo! The Annual Slamily Reunion Car Truck & Bike Show returns to Fort Smith, Arkansas and we have added a huge indoor Tattoo Expo featuring Top Artists from all around the Nation. Come out and see what makes this show one of the fastest growing, family friendly, shows in the nation!
**NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN SHOW GROUNDS**
Beer will be sold on location by vendors
Kay Rogers Park (Fairgrounds)
4400 Midland Blvd.
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904
HOST HOTELS (must mention show for best rates!)
Holiday Inn City Center $89 per night (479) 783-1000
Hampton Inn $84 per night (479) 452-2000
Candelwood Suites $78 singles - $84 doubles (479) 424-3800
AmericInn $69 per night (479) 484-0227
Registration $40 (includes 2 weekend passes)
Goodie Bags to the first 200 entries
Friday early registration and optional drive thru judging 2pm-9pm
Saturday Registration 7am to 4pm (Judging at 9am)
Sunday Registration 9am to noon (Awards at 3pm)
Spectators $15 day pass or $20 weekend pass
Kids 12 and under are Free!
Saturday gates open to the public at 9am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 3pm
Top 100 Awards - Top 10 Unfinished - Top 10 Bikes
Awesome Event Shirts
Kids Water Slide
Kids Bounce Around
Kids Coloring Contest
Hot Wing Contest
Sweet Tea Chug
Kids Root Beer Chug
Early Bird Drive Thru Judging & Registration (Friday 2pm-9pm)
Big Vendors Row
On-site Beer Sales
The following Specialty Awards will be made by Distinct Fabrications, Art Busche Designs and more.
Best of Show - Best Truck - Best Mini Truck - Best Car - Best Bike - Best SUV
Best Unfinished - Best Rat Rod - Best Lifted - Best Engineered - Best Paint Car
Best Paint Truck - Best Graphics - Longest Distance - Best Interior Car
Best Interior Truck - Best Engine - Ladies Choice - Club Participation
Major Magazine Coverage by Truckin', Street Trucks, Minitruckin, Street Rodder and many more! The top DVD companies in the industry will be on hand filming.
Address: 4400 Midland Blvd. , Fort Smith, Arkansas
Annual Rock the River for Hannah House
- Highlights of the Day are as follows:
• Music Festival
With nine artists from various music genres, local and regional artists will take the stage at 11:00 am as they “rock for life” in order to raise money and awareness for Hannah House.
Groups and individuals from the community will kick back and raise money in style as they also “rock for life” in rocking chairs provided by Cracker Barrel.
• Food & Fun
Throughout the day there will be merchandise vendors, and lots of concessions for everyone to enjoy.
• Evening The night will end with an evening full of wonderful music from Shatter Me, Don't Wake Aislin, Stephanie Smith, Abandon, Children 18:3, War of Ages and National Recording Artist P.O.D. (Payable On Death).
Time: Gates open at 10:00 am; the first band plays at 11:00 am ending with National Recording Artist at 9:25 pm
Anticipated Crowd Size: 5,000 – 6,000
Address: Harper Stadium, Kay Rodgers Park, Fort Smith, AR , Fort Smith, Arkansas
|26 - 25||Fall Festival - A Christian alternative to Halloween from 6-8 p.m. Free games, candy, bounce-arounds, face painting, and more. For children 12 and under. Must be accompanied by an adult.|