LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

J. D. McDonald House

The J. D. McDonald House, built in 1888, is an excellent example of the Queen Anne style. While employing the varied building materials and roof lines typical of Queen Anne architecture, this structure has a distinctive rounded

Fremont, NE National Register

Dodge County Courthouse

Dodge County was established in 1856. Fontenelle was named temporary county seat, but Fremont won the county seat designation in 1860. J.J. Hawthorn donated land for courthouse purposes in 1866. In 1867 the county built the first courthouse, a two-story brick structure. In December 188

Fremont, NE Historic Courthouses

Depots

Visit the historic depots in the downtown district of Fremont in the vicinity of 1st and "D" Streets. There is the two-story brick Chicago & Northwestern Freight House built in 1903 after C&NW gained control of the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad which began in 1869 (now the Fremont &

Fremont, NE Railroad History

John C. Fremont Days

This is the community's premier celebration, and is held three days in July. Activities take place throughout town and include a wide variety of entertainment, cultural presentations, historical re-enactments, food courts, live entertainment, craft booths, sporting events and more.

Fremont, NE Reenactments

Historic District Walking Tour - Downtown

Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of the Downtown District. The Fremont Historic Commercial District consists of an enclave of late nineteenth and early twentieth-century buildings that represent Fremont'

Fremont, NE City Walking/Driving Tour

Things to do near Fremont, NE

Oakland Golf Course

Oakland Golf Course is a beautiful 18-hole course where the public is welcome. Green fees, anytime. PGA pro, Pete Hagen....

Dance Halls

The Skylon Ballroom in Hartington has a storied history. Performers such as Guy Lombardo and Lawrence Welk played at the ...

Arboretums

Fremont has four arboretums: Clemens Park - 16th Street and Luther Road