The original portion of the Museum structure, in the Italiante Revival style, was built by Fremont's first mayor, Theron Nye. The Museum is an elegant, two-story brick residence originally constructed in 1874
Dodge County was established in 1856. Fontenelle was named temporary county seat, but Fremont won the
county seat designation in 1860. J.J. Hawthorn donated land for courthouse purposes in 1866. In 1867 the county built the first courthouse, a two-story brick structure. In December 188
Take yourself back in Fremont's history with a self-guided tour of the Downtown District. The Fremont Historic Commercial District consists of an enclave of late nineteenth and early twentieth-century buildings that represent Fremont'
An example of the Greek Revival style, the house was built in 1869 in Fremont for Samuel Bullock, a prominent
interior decorator. In the 1890s the frame lean-to in the rear was replaced by a brick addition. The house was