LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Garcia School


category : Historic Schoolhouses
Garcia School This red brick schoolhouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1905, replacing the wooden school on this land.

"Little remains of the old one-room schoolhouses built of logs, adobe, frame, or brick which proliferated across Arizona in the late 1800s.

This fine brick example replaced the wooden school moved across town from the Vulture Gold Mine in 1896 and placed on the land donated by Don Yagnacio Garcia, a trustee of School District 9 and a benefactor to the town." - Arizona State Historical Marker

It was restored by the Wickenburg Community Bank in 1984 and given to the WCO in 2003.


Address: N. Tegner and Yavapai Streets
Phone: 928-684-5479
Historic Walking Tour #3

Come visit us in Wickenburg, Arizona

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Hassayampa Building

The Venetta Hotel, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1905 specifically to serve overnight railroad passengers and early day tourists to the Wickenburg area and Castle Hot Springs. Mrs. Elizabeth Smith contracted one of Arizona'

Wickenburg, AZ Historic Hotels

Nature Conservancy - Hassayampa River Preserve

A special piece of Arizona's natural environment is being protected and restored at the Hassayampa River Preserve near Wickenburg. For most of its 100

Wickenburg, AZ Conservation Areas

Garcia School

This red brick schoolhouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1905, replacing the wooden school on this land. "Little remains of the old one-room schoolhouses built of logs, adobe, frame, or brick which proliferated across Arizona in the late 1800s.

Wickenburg, AZ Historic Schoolhouses

Santa Fe Depot

The Santa Fe Depot at Wickenburg, Arizona, was the last of the original wooden depots on the Santa Fe Railroad Line by the 1920s, when Santa Fe decided the "old wooden depot"

Wickenburg, AZ Railroad History

Things to do Historic Schoolhouses near Wickenburg, AZ