This red brick schoolhouse, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1905, replacing the wooden school on this land.
"Little remains of the old one-room schoolhouses built of logs, adobe, frame, or brick which proliferated across Arizona in the late 1800s.
This fine brick example replaced the wooden school moved across town from the Vulture Gold Mine in 1896 and placed on the land donated by Don Yagnacio Garcia, a trustee of School District 9 and a benefactor to the town." - Arizona State Historical Marker
It was restored by the Wickenburg Community Bank in 1984 and given to the WCO in 2003.
Address: N. Tegner and Yavapai Streets
Historic Walking Tour #3
Come visit us in Wickenburg, Arizona