The two-story brick Auditorium which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, opened in December 1915 as the new city hall and opera house. Its opening event that year was the local talent's production of the play "The Dutch Detective." Access to the former opera house is provided through double doors and a spacious lobby. The opera house interior has a raked floor, balcony, stage, and orchestra pit.
This building is now home to not only the Arts Council's guest performers and high school productions, but also serves as a movie theatre run by volunteers.
Address: 160 North Ninth Street
Come visit us in Geneva, Nebraska