Bickle/Schmidt Sports Complex
1376 Hwy 40
Hays, KS 67601
Construction of the Bickle/Schmidt Sports Complex began in 2010 and completed in the fall of 2011. This b... Bickle/Schmidt Sports Complex
The road in downtown Hays City that is now known as Main Street was originally called Chestnut Street in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The word "City" was officially dropped from the name Hays City in 1885 and by 1930
The original Boot Hill was located in Hays not Dodge City, as many people believe. In fact, when Dodge City was founded in 1872, the Hays City Boot Hill was well populated. Mrs. Elizabeth Custer spent the summers of 1869 and 1870
When the Germans settled on the Kansas high plains over a century ago, after homesteading their farm and establishing a church, the next priority was to build a schoolhouse. This schoolhouse was originally built in Russell County in the 1870'