Hillsborough, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Hillsborough North Carolina
Revolutionary War Living History Day
- Renactment of Lord Cornwallis in Hillsborough. 10 am - 4 pm.
I-40 Exit 261 or I-85 Exit 164. Travel into downtown Hillsborough. Turn right onto King Street.
Address: Alexander Dickson House Lawn
|10 - 11||
Hillsborough Hog Day
- The annual Hillsborough Hog Day offers family fun, good food, live music, crafters, merchandise vendors, games and rides, and the area's largest classic auto show.
The festival starts on Friday night, when 36 pig cooking teams from all over the state roll into town. For the next 12 hours, hams and pork shoulders roast on the cookers and tall tales are exchanged. The gates will open at 6:00 pm for a concert beginning at 7:00 pm featuring local a great performer!
When day breaks on Saturday, Hog Day is already bustling with activity. While vendors, who sell everything from video games to handpainted stained glass, set up in the General Merchandise, Food, and Craft areas, you hear a persistent "thunk, thunk, thunk" and you know the pig is ready. The cooking teams chop all their cooked pig and sauce a portion for the Barbecue Tasting Judges. The rest is shuttled to the main tent, where it's made into sandwiches and pounds of the freshest barbecue in the state. Cash prizes and trophies are awarded for best barbecue.
Orange County's largest festival, with attendance of up to 35,000 people, is always held on the 3rd Saturday of May, so mark your calendars.
Friday, 6 pm to 10 pm
Saturday, 9 am to 6 pm
Ph: 919-732-8156 (Always call and confirm events)
North Carolina Pottery Center Annual Auction Going, Going, Gone to Pots!
- The auction will feature an outstanding selection of contemporary and vintage North Carolina pottery donated by top NC potters and collectors, as well as other exciting participatory and pottery related items. The lots are available for viewing now at www.ncpotterycenter.org, www.auctionzip.com, and www.llauctions.com.
Address: 620 Cornerstone Court Hillsborough, NC 27278 , Hillsborough, North Carolina
|16 - 17||
Annual Celebration of the Automobile Car Show & Racers Reunion
- The Historic Speedway Group will host the Annual Celebration of the Automobile Car Show & Racers Reunion rain or Shine, gates open at 8am and welcome you all day. The event closes at 5pm.
"Go back in time, in the good ole days" and visit the only surviving Dirt Race Track from NASCAR's inaugural season in 1948.
Racers Reunion will feature guest appearances by prominent NASCAR drivers and car owners as well as celebrities of the racing fraternity including:
* Cotton Owens - "King of the Modifieds" - famed racing driver and car owner of David Pearson
Grand National Championship 1966
* Hoss Ellington - Famous NASCAR racer & team owner of Donnie Allison & A.J. Foyt
* Rex White - NASCAR Champion 1960 - Most Popular Driver & Driver of the year 1960 and
winner of the Dixie 400 in 1962 at Atlanta Motor Speedway
* Marvin Panch - Superspeedway Winner: Daytona 500, Atlanta 500 & World 600 (Charlotte)
(Driver appearances are subject to change without notice)
The history of the Occoneechee-Orange Speedway will be the primary focus of the event, and all in attendance will be invited to walk or ride the tram around the .9 mile dirt track and ramble through miles of the forested trails along the Eno River.
Restoration of the Occoneechee-Orange Speedway includes a recently rebuilt Ticket Office that now houses a valuable collection of historic racing memorabilia. The Mens and Ladies Out Houses, The Flag Stand and a freshly refurbished Concession Stand - Press Box provide glimpses of the historic racing era that brought NASCAR to life.
In the afternoon, The Tim Flock Memorial Triple 10s, will feature parade laps by NASCAR greats driving vintage racing cars around the Speedway. Mrs. Francis Flock will be in attendance.
An Open Car Show will feature Classic Cars, trucks, race cars, street rods, motorcycles and special interest vehicles. All vehicles are welcome to enter. Hosted by the Bull City Street Rod Association Pre-Registration and day of show registration is available.
Also featured will be Live Music, free rides for children, a free shuttle service, free Tram rides, a live auction, exhibits, 50/50 drawings, souvenirs and food provided by local vendors.
All events taking place will be free and open to the general public beginning with the Friday night Cruise-In with a Twist at The Shops at Daniel Boone, South Churton Street, Hillsborough. The Friday night festivities are sponsored by The Shop at Daniel Boone & hosted by the Bull City Street Rod Association starts at 5pm. Live DJ, 50/50 drawings and much more.
Sponsored by BB&T of Hillsborough and O'Reilly Auto Parts, Burger King of Hillsborough - The House Doctor of Efland
Address: Elizabeth Brady Rd/Hwy 70A (entrance to Speedway) , Hillsborough, North Carolina
Annual Turkey Bowl
- Bowl a weighted medicine ball on the NHL size ice rink, score a strike and take home a frozen turkey.
Address: Triangle Sportsplex
|22 - 23||Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting - Lighting of the town tree on Friday, at 7 pm. Saturday holiday parade in downtown Hillsborough on Churton Street. Begins at 10 am.|
Annual Christmas Craft Show
- Delightful selection of holiday crafts and gifts. Nativity scene. Mr. and Mrs. Claus. 9 am - 5 pm.
Address: Daniel Boone Village Convention Center
Skate With Santa
- Enjoy skating with Santa. Also join the elf speed skating obstacle course competition. 1-3 pm. Regular skating admission charge.
|24||Annual Hillsborough Christmas Candlelight Tour - Tour of historic homes, churches, public and private buildings decorated for the Holiday season in Historic Hillsborough. Noon - 6 pm.|
Annual Nutcracker on Ice
- A true holiday classic performed on ice by area skaters. Shows at 11 am and 5 pm.
Address: Triangle Sportsplex