D.F. Doak and his brother, Walter, opened the Bank of Kingfisher in a tent on April 22, 1889 - the day of the land run. It stood on the corner of Main and Admire near the center of Kingfisher.
Almost immediately, the Doaks built a 20' by 32'
Take the kids on a train ride through Oklahoma Park, past the Municipal Golf Course and almost to the front door of the Vernie Snow Aquatic Center. Besides being located between the Vernie Snow Aquatic Center and Kingfisher's 18
The Chisholm Trail Museum, named for Jesse Chisholm, is situated directly on the Chisholm Trail and presents artifacts from the historic Chisholm cattle trail. See, first hand, items and their history and Kingfisher's place within.
From the start the settlers of Oklahoma made provisions for eduction. The proceeds form sections six and thirty-six of each township were reserved for schools. There were country schools every three miles with names like Pleasant Valley, Good Hope, or in this case Gant.
This building was constructed in 1900 by the Anheuser Busch Brewing Association of St. Louis, Missouri.
In 1922, the building was restored similar to its original appearance by Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc.