LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Historical Murals


category : Arts
Historical Murals Five murals are displayed on the north wall of the Pioneer Museum. The acrylic paintings were done by artist and sculptor, Fred Olds, of Guthrie, Oklahoma. They are gifts of Col. and Mrs. John Embry, and depict area history.

1. Arrival Indians;
2. Cattle trails, first settlements;
3. Religion;
4. The Run;
5. Early settlement scenes


Address: 717 Manvel
Phone: 405-258-2425

Come visit us in Chandler, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Wolcott Building

National Register of Historic Places A typical example of a Victorian storefront with angled doorway and iron column, this two-story building built in 1903

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

The Mascho Buildings

National Register of Historic Places The oldest commercial buildings in Lincoln County, these sandstone "twin" buildings were built by pioneer merchant, A.E. Macho in 1897 and 1898. The earlier building was first constructed in 1896

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

Kee-Tilghman-Erwin House

National Register of Historic Places Built in 1898 by O.B. Kee, this mansard-roofed home was purchased in 1901 by famed Deputy U.S. Marshal, William Mathew "Bill" Tilghman, Lincoln County homesteader, sheriff, state senator, and one of the territorial lawmen known as the "Three Guardsmen."

Chandler, OK Historic Homes

Chandler High School

National Register of Historic Places Built by the WPA in 1942 of native limestone.

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

Clapp-Cunningham Building

National Register of Historic Places The building was building 1899 by L. W. Clapp, Wichita, Kansas financier and mayor. The architecture is termed "Richardson-Romanesque"

Chandler, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Arts near Chandler, OK