LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Hobart, Oklahoma

  • Old City Hall

    Old City HallThe building was constructed for the use as the City Hall in 1912 by the City Administration. All city offices were located there, including the 2-horse Fire Department. Its upper floor was an audit...
    Old City Hall

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Kiowa County Courthouse

The Kiowa County Courthouse and Square is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was designed by J. Riley Gordon and constructed in 1902

Hobart, OK Historic Courthouses

Kiowa County Museum

The Kiowa County Museum occupies the historic Rock Island Depot listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1909 and used until the 1970s. The Kiowa County Historical Society acquired the site in 1987

Hobart, OK Museums

Old City Hall

The building was constructed for the use as the City Hall in 1912 by the City Administration. All city offices were located there, including the 2-horse Fire Department. Its upper floor was an auditorium, seating 1200. Through the 1930

Hobart, OK Historic Buildings

Carnegie Public Library

The Carnegie Public Library was established and built in 1912 with the donation of City lots by an individual and a Carnegie Foundation grant of $10,000. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and in 1987

Hobart, OK Carnegie Libraries

The Great Western Cattle Trail

When driving between Lone Wolf in Kiowa County and Granite in Greer County, on Highway 9, or west out of Sentinel on Highway 55, even the natives of the area have trouble imagining six million Texas Longhorn cattle with hundreds of trail bosses, chuckwagons, and remudas of 40 to 50

Hobart, OK Landmarks

Things to do near Hobart, OK

Lucille's

Lucille's Gas station is a notable Route 66 landmark, owned and operated by Lucille Hamons since 1941 - - ( ...

Lawton Harmony Chorus

We are a diverse group of women with a passion for singing, performing and fun! Lawton Harmony Chorus is one of more than 600...

Steen's Buttes

Steen's Buttes, mounds south of the city, were first reported by army explorers in the 1840s. The easternmost mound is "Rock ...