The building was constructed for the use as the City Hall in 1912 by the City Administration. All city offices were located there, including the 2-horse Fire Department. Its upper floor was an auditorium, seating 1200. Through the 1930
The Carnegie Public Library was established and built in 1912 with the donation of City lots by an individual and a Carnegie Foundation grant of $10,000. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and in 1987
Hunter Park is a 25-acre recreational area surrounding Hunter Park Lake. The park has areas for children to play, a pavilion for families to gather for large reunions or for quiet picnics while tossing a line the lake for an afternoon of fishing.
The Kiowa County Museum occupies the historic Rock Island Depot listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1909 and used until the 1970s. The Kiowa County Historical Society acquired the site in 1987