Proudly placed on the front lawn of the Kiowa County Courthouse are two statues of a "Doughboy" and a sailor. Originally cast in 1929, these military figures had once stood as a war memorial on State Highway 9.
In February of 1969, Hobart resident, Vernard Holbrook, "found"
The Carnegie Public Library was established and built in 1912 with the donation of City lots by an individual and a Carnegie Foundation grant of $10,000. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and in 1987
Hunter Park is a 25-acre recreational area surrounding Hunter Park Lake. The park has areas for children to play, a pavilion for families to gather for large reunions or for quiet picnics while tossing a line the lake for an afternoon of fishing.
The Kiowa County Museum occupies the historic Rock Island Depot listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1909 and used until the 1970s. The Kiowa County Historical Society acquired the site in 1987