LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Hollow's St. Charles School House


category : Historic Buildings
Hollow's St. Charles School House St. Charles Country School House is Sedan's most scenic setting with gazebo, winding board walk over a stream,and an outdoor theatre all in the hollow open to all.

"The Hollow" was reconstructed from an old trash dump by the efforts of many local volunteers. It is now a beautiful park, boardwalk and amphitheater that also houses St Charles Schoolhouse. Musical evenings and community theater have been featured on the rustic stage of the amphitheater. The gazebo and grounds have been the setting for many weddings.


Admission: Free - Donations gladly accepted
Address: 108 N. Sherman
Phone: 620-288-1100
Our Email: sedanchamber@att.net

Come visit us in Sedan, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Hollow's St. Charles School House

St. Charles Country School House is Sedan's most scenic setting with gazebo, winding board walk over a stream,and an outdoor theatre all in the hollow open to all. "The Hollow"

Sedan, KS Historic Buildings

The Yellow Brick Road

The Yellow Brick Road in Sedan circles the entire downtown area with 11,786 purchased bricks with people's names inscribed on them. Every state in the United States is represented at least once, and 28

Sedan, KS One Of A Kinds

Emmett Kelly Museum

The Emmett Kelly Museum houses memorabilia of the world famous Wearie Willie Emmett Kelly, who was born in Sedan in 1898 and of his son Emmett Jr.; also showing memorabilia of D.W. Washburn as Sparky The Clown, a juggler, ventriloquist, magician, and pantomimist. Sparky was born in Chanute, KS; 1500

Sedan, KS Museums

Downtown Turn-of-the-Century Buildings

More than a dozen retail shops along Main Street are housed in structures built prior to the turn-of-the-century, including Ackarman Hardware, which opened its doors in 1879 and is the valued cornerstone of Sedan'

Sedan, KS Historic Downtowns


Things to do Historic Buildings near Sedan, KS

Appeal to Reason Site

A large brick building was on this site and was used by the Appeal To Reason newspaper in 1896. Its publisher was J.A....