Upcoming Events in Sedan Kansas
|27 - 28||
Annual Redbud Tour
- Hosted by Sedan each spring, held when the native redbuds are in full bloom. A mapped route takes the visitor along the scenic country roads. Redbud seedlings are handed out to everyone that comes by the stand under the big American flag!Plan on packing up the family and spending some quality time together. In addition to the natural beauty, you and your family will meet some of the nicest people in Chautauqua County, and the restaurants will be open for your dining pleasure. Restaurants open on Sunday are , Granny Wolfe's Green Door (7 a.m.-7 p.m.), Main Street Cafe (7a.m-8 p.m.) and Pizza Hut in Sedan, the Hilltop at Cedar Vale (6 a.m.-2 p.m.) and the Peru Truck Stop (6 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Tour hosts will look forward to visiting with you at the Redbud Tour booth, where you will receive your map and your redbud tree, wish you a pleasant journey and answer your questions.
Address: Look for the stand under the American Flag , Sedan, Kansas
|30 - 1||
City Wide Garage Sale
- Many sales held this day throughout town. Most are multi-family so you can shop at one location for many items! Maps will still be available at the One Stop and Floyd's Market and several other shops in town. Most of the sales are held on Saturday, but some begin on Friday.
May 6, 7:00 AM - till May 7, 4:00 PM
|21 - 22||
Yellow Brick Road Festival
- Free Block Party on Friday evening 6:00 p.m. Live Music. Bring your Lawn Chair
Saturday - Wizard of Oz Costume Contest, Parade at 10:00 a.m., Sedan Alumni Picnic noon at Fairgrounds, Games,Vendors, Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest for Children following parade.
Art Show featuring local and area artists at Kurtis Plaza of the Arts, People's Choice awards.
Live music Saturday afternoon.
|22 - 23||
Chautauqua Hills Blues Festival
- The Chautauqua Hills Blues Festival is a community supported non profit event held every Memorial Day weekend in conjunction with Sedan's Yellow Brick Road Festival. Proceeds benefit the children of Chautauqua County. Festival grounds offer 100+ acres perfect for camping, all in sight of the stage.
Blues Music at the Gregg Theater in Sedan Saturday evening at 6 p.m. Chautauqua Hills Blues Fest on Sunday north of town (Road 20 and Kansas Road) along a wooded creek. Camping available for the weekend. Visit the website for line up.
Lake to Lake 5K Trail Run
- Come participate in the prettiest 5K in Kansas. Participants will enjoy 5K of some of the most breath-taking views that the Chautauqua Hills have to offer. Participants will start the run at the Old Sedan City Lake and follow a beautiful, but moderately challenging, trail to the New Sedan City Lake. This forest trail runs along the river-bottom connecting the two city lakes. It offers beautiful scenery of both city lakes, streams, trees, sharp inclines, rock bluffs, wildlife, waterfalls, and two unique bridges. Come join in on this scenic trail run to compete or just to enjoy what nature has to offer here in the Chautauqua Hills.
Address: Old City Lake, 4 mi N of Sedan, Hwy 99 , Sedan, Kansas
Lions Club Fireworks
- Fireworks professionally done at the Sedan City Lake at dusk on Saturday!
No charge but donations appreciated. Come and have a picnic. Visit Sedan - small town - big heart!
|8 - 10||
Chautauqua County Fair and Rodeo
- This is good old-fashioned fun at a good old-fashioned fair. Something for all ages! Parade, BBQ and bean feed, talent show, carnival, food, exhibits, ACRA sanctioned rodeo, car show.
The fairgrounds are shady, the people are friendly, and best of all – the fair is free!
Address: Sedan City Park and Fairgrounds , Sedan, Kansas
- Come to the outdoor Elgin Jamboree at Elgin, Kansas for a full afternoon and evening of fun and entertainment at the city park (in the community building if raining).
Open Mic starts at 1 pm; come play some tunes. The line up of
entertainers start at 3 pm with Bo Cotton, Dewayne Freeman, Mark Palmer, Rick Cooper, Doc Riggs and Lookin for Moe, with Jaime Tucker Morrison.
Elgin Jamboree host, Oklahoma Mike and the Caney River Boys with Perry Overstake and David Berntson will be on stage at 7:30 p.m. followed by Made from Scratch and Headliner Piper Leigh and the Smokin Section at 9:30 to midnight.
Enjoy the chuck wagon and campfire. Food and drinks will be available as well as tent camping, camper and trailer parking. Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the music. A $3 donation is requested but not required. All proceeds to benefit the town
of Elgin. For more information contact Oklahoma Mike at 918-633-5794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|17 - 18||
Fabulous Hiway 99 Garage Sale
- Many sales held this day throughout town. Most are multi-family so you can shop at one location for many items! Maps are available at OneStop, 1st National Bank of Sedan, Bank of Sedan, and Floyd's Supermarket. Most of the sales are held on Saturday, but some begin on Friday.
Fabulous Finds on Highway 99 is a fun-filled two days of garage sales, flea markets, downtown business specials and other types of sales. If you enjoy watching shows like American Pickers, Storage Wars and others, then you’ll love Fabulous Finds on 99. You never know what you’ll find!
Kansas Highway 99 spans 233 miles through the Flint Hills and each community will be doing something different. From city-wide garage sales to booths set up in parking lots along the highway, there will be ample opportunities to search for bargains.
- Fun filled day of antique collections, demonstrations of old fashioned skills - Weaving, Butter Churning, Vintage Pioneer Collections, Soap Making, Laundry Washing, Hand Powered Tools, general store jellies, jams and baked goods, Homemade Root Beer, Folk Music, Storytelling, visiting and concessions. For the Kids: Hopscotch, Jump Rope, Games pioneers played, What Is It Table. Sponsored by the Chautauqua County Historical and Genealogical Society. 10:00a.m. - 3p.m.