Completed in 1867 as the home of local stonemason Richard Howe, this two-story limestone structure reflects Federal and Greek Revivals styles in addition to the building traditions of Howe's native Wales. The front facade features a single portal doorway and six-over-six double-hung windows. The interior is designed around a center hall staircase with a room on either side. Black walnut is used for interior woodwork. Carefully preserved in its original condition by three generations of the Howe family, the house has had only one major alteration, a 1973 one-story addition.
The Lyon County Historical Society now owns the building and offers tours by appointment.
Address: 315 East Logan Avenue
Come visit us in Emporia, Kansas