The oldest continuously operated Christian children's home in America, Goodland is located two miles south of Hugo. Operated by the Presbyterian Church, the home continues to enrich the lives of young men who are residents of the school.
The Church building served for 42
One time noted plantation home of Col. Robert M. Jones, wealthiest Choctaw owner of 500 slaves. A Southern leader, he served as delegate from Choctaw Nation to the Confederate Congress at Richmond, VA. Baptist Mission of \"Providence\" nearby, closed about 1843
To circus fans Hugo, Oklahoma is known as "Circus City USA" because it is winter quarters for three of America's largest Circuses: Carson & Barnes, Kelly-Miller & Culpepper-Merryweather.
Hugo's Mount Olivet Cemetery is internationally famous for its Showman'
The Frisco Depot Museum built in 1914 is the third largest depot on Frisco rail lines in Oklahoma. The museum was formed when the Choctaw County Historical Society obtained control of the Frisco Depot and began its restoration in 1978
Hugo's Mount Olivet Cemetery is internationally famous for its Showman's Rest section which includes a special section of Circus Tents and Animals as monuments to the men and women who spent their lives entertaining American children and families as Circus performers.