This museum in the restored Santa Fe Depot traces the history of Atchison County. Exhibits highlight Atchison's transition from a bend in the Missouri River to a busy commercial center for steamboats, westward-bound wagon trains and the railroads.
Aviatrix Amelia Earhart was born in this home, built by her grandfather, Judge Alfred G. Otis, in the early 1860s. It it owned and operated as a museum by the Ninety-Nines, Inc., an international organization of women pilots. Earhart helped found the group in 1929
The Benedictine Sisters of Mount St. Scholastica have been in Atchison since 1863 and at their present location since 1877.
St. Scholastica Chapel was dedicated in 1938, the 75th anniversary of the Benedictine Sisters'
Parquet floors, stained-glass windows, hand-tooled leather and finely-carved woodwork set an impressive surrounding for the works of regional artists that change each month.
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places