Jefferson City, Missouri
Upcoming Events in Jefferson City Missouri
|2 - 3||
Capital City Cookoff
- Head out to the Jefferson City Jaycee's Fairgrounds on Friday and Saturday as competitors from across the country participate in the annual Capital City Cookoff. The Buck-a-Bone event is Friday and includes all you can eat ribs from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. The beer garden opens at 4 p.m. and live music will be playing from 6-9 p.m.
Saturday during the professional barbecue competition, the bluegrass festival begins. The fairgrounds will be filled with the soothing sounds of some of Missouri's finest bluegrass groups. Starting at noon and playing until 6 p.m., these bands will entertain with the harmonious sounds of banjos, fiddles, guitars and mandolins.
Ph: 573-291-9716 (Always call and confirm events)
|29 - 1||
- Spectacular car show with over 700 cars and 25,000 spectators! In 2006, six men that had just gotten their 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustangs met in Creve Couer Park to get to know each other and show off their cars. Essentially dubbed the "St Louis Seven" since they were joined by another who's GT500 had not arrived at the dealership yet, the display caused quite a spectacle attracting passers by who stopped for a chance to see the most exciting addition to the automotive world in a long time. Many pictures were taken and then posted on what is now the Team Shelby website. Talk of another gathering lead one of the attendees to suggest a picturesque farm setting in the heart of Missouri's wine country. The first Shelbyfest took place in Hermann and attracted 26 cars. Owners came from 5 states to participate and once again drew quite a crowd at Hermann Ford, where the event was held. Since then, the event has grown beyond the capacity of streets of Hermann and now takes place in Jefferson City. While the main show will take place along High Street in the downtown area, look for more activities like a country cruise, an ice cream social, Boulevard Muscle Car Mania cruise, and a full autocross event.
Spectator Events Begin Friday at 9am; Main Event on Saturday 8:30am-3:30pm
Address: Downtown , Jefferson City, Missouri
|7 - 8||
Annual Capital City Corvette Classic
- This unique Corvette car show will incorporate a variety of Jefferson City's attractions and community hospitality. Itineraries include a road trip, downtown dining, car show at the Missouri State Capitol and an optional tour of the Missouri State Penitentiary. A countryside cruise will take place on Friday
Time: Car Show 12-4pm on south side of Missouri State Capitol
Address: Missouri State Capitol & Downtown , Jefferson City, Missouri
Missouri Military History Weekend at the Museum
- The Museum of Military History in Jefferson City is hosting a military history appreciation day Saturday from 10am to 5pm. Those who wish to participate can come set up on Friday and camp until Sunday. Saturday the local VFW post will provide free hamburgers and hotdogs to those in period uniform. The event is mainly a 'show and tell' type of event. In the past at the event, historians have shown their weapons and gear explained what they are/do for visitors.
Address: Ike Skelton Training Site, 2405 Logistics Road , Jefferson City, Missouri
Annual Midwest Renovation Car Show
- First 3 places in each class will be awarded plaques. Free food and drinks.
8am til 1pm. Judging 10am - 12pm.
Address: 5308 Monticello Rd. , Jefferson City, Missouri
|30 - 1||Salute to America - Come find out how our State Capitol celebrates our Nation’s Independence with this multi-day celebration in the heart of historic downtown Jefferson City. Kick off with a concert event at the decommissioned Missouri State Penitentiary on Saturday. Events on July 3rd include the Parade, Opening Ceremony, Carnival and FREE concert on the lawn of the Capitol. July 4th is huge with 17 city blocks of themed areas, 7 entertainment stages, vendors, eclectic festival food, beer gardens, live eagle show, historic & military displays, petting zoo & pony rides, another FREE concert and so much more all capped off with the largest fireworks shells shot in the state in our Red, White and Boom sky concert simulcast to your favorite music.|
|26 - 31||Jefferson City Jaycees Cole County Fair - Live music, exhibits, mud run, tractor pull, ATV rodeo, tire burn-off contest, remote-control car races, demolition derby, poker run, food, and carnival attractions for the entire family. Always begins the last Monday in July.|
|4||Annual MoJazz Music Festival - The Annual MoJazz Music Festival and Capital Street Art Fair features a free concert and art exhibition. Watch live jazz music and artist competition with chalk art drawings. 11am-9pm.|
|24 - 25||
- Celebrating German heritage in historic Old Munichburg. Featuring authentic German food, music & dancing. Dachshund Derby and costume contest. Kids korner with games, prizes, Hansel & Gretal's Root Beer Garden, and a Children's Train. Live local entertainment, German & Domestic Beers and Brats in the Muenchburg Beer Gardens. Artisans & Vendors. Classic Car and Tractor show.
10 a.m. to 6 p.m
Address: Dunklin Street between Jefferson & Broadway Streets , Jefferson City, Missouri
Jefferson City Multicultural Fall Festival
- Arts, crafts, food, drink, and informational booths. Main stage entertainment all day with acts representing various nationalities. Children’s activities, games, give-aways, and more!! Fun for the whole family, held in conjunction with the Governor’s Mansion Harvest Fest. This event is free to the public and will showcase the best of Mid-Missouri’s many cultures! Be sure to check out one of Mid-Missouri’s largest fall events! 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
VENDOR INFORMATION: If you would like a Vendor / Exhibitor application, please email email@example.com
|29 - 31||
Jefferson City Holiday Shopping Expo
- Get a jumpstart on your holiday shopping, pick up those final few gifts, or just enjoy time with friends and family seeing what Downtown Jefferson City has to offer! At the Downtown Jefferson City's Holiday Open House, Downtown retailers put on their best, open their doors to holiday shoppers and kick off the holiday shopping season. Stores will be decked out and stocked with this seasons' best gifts. Many of the shops will provide great deals and special in-store events. The open house is Friday through Sunday. Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm will feature special holiday themed classes. The open house is Friday through Sunday. Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm will feature special holiday themed classes.
Address: Donita's Banquet Hall, 5007 Buffalo Road, Jefferson City, MO , Jefferson City, Missouri
Missouri Valley Big Brothers Big Sisters Chili Cook-off
- Missouri Valley Big Brothers Big Sisters will hold its Ninth Annual Chili Cook-Off from 5-7:30 p.m. Oct. 20 in front of Prison Brews, 305 Ash St. Local businesses and individuals will be cooking up their finest chili as they compete for the People's Choice Award.
Adult tickets are $10 per person for those 12 and older. Children's tickets are $5. This is an all-you-can-eat event. Live entertainment will be provided.
Proceeds from the chili cook-off will be used to support the costs of enrolling, screening and matching children in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. Missouri Valley Big Brothers Big Sisters serves more than 250 children a year and has 130 active matches, but there are close to 50 children still waiting for a Big Brother or a Big Sister in our community.
Address: 305 Ash Street in front of Prison Brews Brewery and Restaurant , Jefferson City, Missouri
|19 - 20||
Missouri Governor's Mansion Candlelight Tours
- Each Holiday Season the Governor’s Mansion is beautifully decorated and during this annual special the Governor and his wife personally great all of those who come to tour the Mansion. Many enjoy visiting during the holiday season, especially to see the Governor’s Mansion in its nighttime elegance.
Tours will be given from 6:30 - 9 p.m. Friday and from 2 - 4 p.m. Saturday.
Address: Missouri Governor's Mansion, 100 Madison Street , Jefferson City, Missouri
- A Jefferson City tradition for almost 20 years, Living Windows takes place downtown from 6-9 p.m. Storefronts and windows come alive with dancers, singers, religious and holiday themes. Hayrides wind their way through the streets and Santa Claus makes his yearly visit to Hawthorn Bank. More than 50 groups are participating in the event that will fill High Street from Jefferson Street to Adams Street for more than three blocks of entertainment. Enjoy refreshments, listen to carolers and watch performances sharing the holiday spirit. Free admission and many free treats.
Address: Downtown Jefferson City , Jefferson City, Missouri
Jefferson City Christmas Parade
- Join Jefferson City in celebrating the holiday season with this year's Christmas parade. The parade will take place at 4:30 p.m. in downtown Jefferson City. Anyone wanting to participate or for more information on this years Christmas Parade please e-mail.